Moving to London!


It was Friday,early in the morning.The previous night i barely slept and only one thought kept coming into my mind 'Am i taking the right decision?'The future will show......

When i was younger i could imagine myself roaming aroung in the parks and in the busy London roads.Finally the time had arrived.I was going to take the big step,i was going to move to London.Before this day,i was so happy that i could move to London, i would have the chance to experience new things,undertake new tasks and meet like-minded people. I recall myself saying 'why is it so hard for other people to move, why are they complaining?'Now i have faced the same difficulties and i know the feeling. Two weeks before my flight i started having second thoughts and inhabitions. I even caught myself admitting that what i am about to do is crazy, that besides the difficulties in my country and the whole economical downturn, i am going to stay and try because this is my home,my family. Also i have to admit that i cried a lot. And when i say a lot i mean A LOT..... But i was trying to cover it up ,i didn't want anyone to see me so i was pretending. Even on Friday when i had to say goodbye to my relatives and my family, i struggled to hold back my tears.It was inevitable! I burst into tears while hugging so tight my dad,my grandmother,everyone. I didn't want to go even though i had to. 

As the time went by,i arrived to London. A new vibe hit me. Here i am,in the city where i can follow my dreams! It wasn't difficult at all to adjust to this rythm of life. Everyday when i am out it's like i am on a costant holiday! Icredible architecture,monuments,shops,countless people everywhere and me in the middle of everything. The people here are genuinely very polite and you get to meet loads of them day after day. It is definitely one of the most beautiful cities and the centre of everything. One drawback is the prices. There is a huge range of products,you can find anything but you need money .So if you find a job in order to get the extra money,you will have an unparalleled experience here.

Did i regret it?No,i would do it again!Do i miss my family or my friends and my hometown?Yes but i have the conveniency to talk to them daily (praise skype!!!) and i have the chance to live moments which i could never imagine before.

To all of you out there who are not entirely sure and are scared,i encourage you to take this further step. Every new beginning is difficult but then the road is smooth...Seize every moment!

Comments

Popular Posts